A tidy frontage is one of the top things that sells a house first. When selling your home first impressions really do count. Make it as easy as possible for a potential buyer to say ‘yes’ to buying your home. As much as you can do to redecorate, finish those DIY projects, tidy up and clean so that the house looks immaculate, will all help to sell your house quickly.
Buyers like to know that they are getting a bargain, but it isn’t necessarily all about price. Some buyers will be put off by seeing that a lot of work needs doing, or that the decor is dated, even if you drop the price. They simply cannot imagine themselves living in a house that is undergoing renovation as they just want to move in and get on with their day-to-day life.
In order to appeal to the largest number of people, therefore, you need to make sure you give viewers as few reasons as possible to say ‘no’. In this way, you will almost certainly attract a buyer quickly.
Here’s our Top Ten checklist for selling your house fast:
- Tidy up the front garden/driveway; hide rubbish bins; repaint front door; smarten up planters and borders
- Finish off any outstanding unfinished DIY jobs
- Replace stained and worn carpets
- Return decor to neutral colours
- Replace broken tiles and light bulbs
- Eradicate pet odours
- Mow the lawns and weed flower beds
- Replace old, worn out sofas and chairs
- Buy neutral coloured bed linen
- Make sure the whole house is clean and tidy
Lastly, demonstrate that you are willing to move out quickly and that you are open to all sensible offers, this should ensure that you are able to sell your house in the timescale you have set for yourself.